Be Happy. Be Fit.
These are my current guilty pleasure! I’ve made them several times and each time they are an absolute hit! If I can control myself and not scarf down the entire batch immediately (haha :)) then they make a great treat to bring to any gathering. Buttery pretzel crust, perfectly gooey brownies, and a chocolate frosting sprinkled with more salty pretzels… how could it not be amazing?!?
Here’s the recipe, beware this is dangerously delicious stuff! (PS: By no means is this a healthy recipe, but sometimes we all have to indulge) YUM!!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees; mix the crust ingredients in a big bowl and then press into a 13″x9″ pan, cook for 8 minutes and then let cool while you do step two.
- Mix all brownie ingredients, and then pour it over the cooled crust. Bake again for about 25 minutes, right until you stick a knife or toothpick in and it comes out clean. Don’t over-cook! Let cool for about 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile make the frosting. Beat everything together except the milk. When mixed, add the milk one tablespoon at a time until it is the desired consistency (I usually use 2 TBS).
- Pour/Spread the frosting over the top of the brownies and then sprinkle the rest of the pretzels on top. ENJOY!!!!
- (It’s best when still slightly warm :))