Be Happy. Be Fit.
This recipe is so delicious, and pretty easy! A must-try recipe for a cold, cozy night when you’re in the mood for some homemade Mexican food! Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet Ingredients: 2-3 Cooked Chicken Breasts (Boiled, BBQ, or baked) 1 … Continue reading
We all sometimes get busy and think we don’t have time to workout because there is no time to get to the gym. Well save yourself some time and workout at home! Or at a park, a hotel, in the break room at work… the options are endless! Try this Do Anywhere Leg Workout and let me know how it goes for you!
The Do Anywhere Workout #3 LEGS!!!
- 10 Burpees (no Push Up)
- 8ea Single Leg Deceleration Squat to Chair (stand on one leg w/ heel at a chair/bench/bed etc. then slowly lower your butt towards the chair until it just barely touches, then stand up. The taller your chair the easier the exercise will be)
- 10ea Slow Side Shuffle
- 30 Speed Skaters (video of speed skater how-to)
- 8ea Reverse Lunges (see picture above – stand w/ or w/o a weight in your hand, and drop one leg back into a lunge and then bring it back to your starting standing position, that’s 1 rep)
- REPEAT 3-4 times 🙂
NOTES: for the squats and reverse lunges hold something heavy at your chest for a little extra challenge (ie a big book, purse, stack of jeans haha be resourceful!)
Be Happy. Be Fit.
Ready for a workout?? Here you go! Scale-able for different fitness types and all you need is something to run around: a field, a track, backyard, a block in your neighborhood…
Whatever you choose to run around, identify 4 corners of your “lap”. In the first corner do move #1. Then run to the next corner, do move #2; run to the next corner, do move #3, run to the last corner, do move #4, and then repeat! Comment or ask questions if you are confused, I’ll be sure to respond! 🙂
Around the Field Workout – REPEAT 4x
- 10 Spiderman Push Up – or push ups from knees
- 20 180* Squat Jumps (Jump us a rotate 180 degrees while in the air-land facing the other direction)
- 10 Burpees (no push up, just keep arms extended)
- 20 Star Crunches (Easier: do 10 reps!)
Be Happy. Be fit.
Those of you that know me or have followed me for a bit, know that I LOVE fruit! YUM! So it’s no wonder I piled the fruit onto my plate this morning 🙂
Besides the fruit, I ate two scrumptious little chicken breakfast sausages and a bowl of oatmeal. This is no ordinary bowl of oatmeal though… I added chia seeds, flax seed, toasted almonds, cinnamon, and a bit of brown sugar. SO GOOD! Give it a try someday.
What was your healthy breakfast??
Be Happy. Be Fit.
I can’t emphasize this point enough. You should think of your workout not as a chore, but as a fun part of your day; as a break from the daily grind. Find something you love to do for exercise and/or … Continue reading
- Your choice of Greens/Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 5-6 Leaves of Basil
- Avocado (half)
- Salt, Pepper & Olive Oil to taste
- Fry an Egg and plop it on top!!
Simple and Delicious!!
Be happy. Be fit.
These caprese salad kabobs are a delicious and cute snack or appetizer!
I spent the weekend with my boyfriend’s family in Sacramento and his mom and I spent the afternoon bike riding and making a fabulous dinner. We made these with tomatoes and basil picked fresh from the backyard, yum!
- Mozzarella cheese
- Drizzle/Dressing: Equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar, pepper to taste
(Dairy free?? Try using avocado instead of the cheese :))
- Skewer the three ingredients, trying to get an equal amount of all three on each skewer. (Cut the basil leaves in half or thirds and then fold them a few times to make it thicker – makes it easier to stab without ripping the leaf)
- Drizzle with the dressing
- That’s all! Ta’da!
Be happy. Be fit.
Wow…You have to try this! For a healthy dessert I wanted to do something creative with my fresh pickled peaches, so I threw together a few ingredients and ended up with something sooooo delicious! Those of you who know me know I LOVE fruit, so I seriously think I could eat this every day and not get sick of it 🙂 Check out below for the super easy, 4-ingredient recipe! Kids, friends, significant others, everyone will love it (not to mention it is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, magnesium, and fiber!)
- 2 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- 6-8oz Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (can use honey for even healthier option)
- 1.5 Tbsp Butter melted (can also use coconut oil for healthier version)
Steps: 1) Melt butter (or coconut oil) and mix in brown sugar (or honey). 2) Coat the open face of each peach half with the “syrup”, then place each half open face down in a glass pan. Drizzle left over “syrup” on top. 3) Cook in oven at 400 degrees for about 20mins – until soft when poked with a fork. 4) Pull out of oven and add raspberries (kind of stir them into the brown sugar mixture so they get warm and tasty! Let cool 5-10mins, scoop into a bowl and serve! MMMMMmmmm
Be happy. Be fit. ENJOY!
A great, fast, strength workout! Do this workout alone if rushed for time, otherwise follow with 20-30mins of cardio of your choice. PS: KB = Kettle Bell (if you don’t have a kettle bell, use something else heavy (dumbbell, dictionary 🙂 … Continue reading
Hope you all had a great weekend! Here is a great glute workout that can be done both at the gym and at home. I showed this workout to a few friends and clients and they loved it! Enjoy!
Bumpin’ Booty Workout
- 10 each leg Box Step Ups (make sure you are stepping up onto something at least knee height)
- 30 Alternating Side Lunges (hold something heavy at chest if possible)
- 20 Squat Jumps
- 10 each leg Slow Single Leg Squats (decelerate as slowly as possible down, until butt hits bench then stand)- SEE PIC ABOVE 🙂
- 30 Speed Skaters (aka lateral leaps) (focus on lateral distance not speed)
“I don’t have any workout equipment at home…” Sound like you? Try this!
This is one of the most common excuses I hear for not working out. Many people falsely believe that without a gym membership, without dumbbells or bands at home, they can’t exercise. The truth: No equipment? No problem!!
There are so many different exercises that only use your body weight, all of which are actually far more efficient than the traditional machines at your local gym. Why more efficient? Because most of those machines isolate one part of your body at a time, but we are multi-joint beings! By involving more than one muscle group in an exercise you can train multiple points in your body at once, thus more efficient! Not to mention more realistic, since we rarely ever isolate one muscle group in our day to day lives.
Anyways, are you stuck at home? Give this workout a try!
THE DO ANYWHERE WORKOUT:
- 10 Four-Square Jumps (keeping your feet together, image you are standing on the corner of a box, now jump forwards, to the right, backwards, and to the left. That’s one rep, do ten)
- 100 High Knees (Staying stationary alternate legs up to 90 degrees as fast as possible)
- 1 min Right Side Plank Hold
- 1 min Left Side Plank Hold
- 16 Push Up + Rotational Ceiling Reach (Do your push up, then rotate your core to right and reach up with your right hand; another push up, then rotate to left and reach left hand up)
- 1 minute Invisible Jump Rope (actually pretend like you have one in your hands 🙂)
- REPEAT 3-5 times!
How to make it HARDER: 1) Jump farther and/or faster on the 4-Square Jumps; 2) On your Side Planks lift your top leg up towards the ceiling; 3) Do single leg Push Ups.
How to make it EASIER: 1) Instead of running in place with your high knees, just step in place, bringing each knee to 90 degrees; 2) Do your Side Planks with one knee down; 3) Do push ups either from your knees, or with you hands on a bench/couch/something else elevated.
Enjoy! Be Happy. Be fit.