I have to admit I was skeptical of this recipe as I plopped very gooey blobs of this cookie dough onto the cookie sheet, BUT THEY TURNED OUT SO GOOD!!!
This peanut butter cookie recipe has NO BUTTER, and NO FLOUR, and still turns into a perfectly textured, very delicious treat! It does have a lot of peanut butter and some brown sugar, so it’s definitely not perfectly healthy but it is a better option for sure.
I mean look at the perfect cookie! MMMM! I didn’t put chocolate chips in it, but I’m sure you could add that if you wanted to. Below is a picture of the dough. It is very gooey and even hard to shape into balls and put on the cookie sheet. But don’t be discouraged, they’ll turn out beautifully. Give this recipe a try! 🙂
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In small bowl mix together the oats and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla, I just used a fork to get it nice and mixed up. Mix in dry ingredients
- Roll cookies into 2 inch dough balls and place onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart – this step is tricky because the dough is so sticky, do your best!
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes and remove right when the cookies start to turn golden brown. Don’t overcook! The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be Happy. Be Fit.