Happy almost Thanksgiving everybody! Need a workout to do before your big feast? Try this HIIT interval workout, followed by a LUNGE CHALLENGE! Get all your friends and family to join in!
Thanksgiving HIIT (set timer for 45sec work/15sec rest – beginners do 40sec/20sec)
- 10 High Knees + 1 Burpee + 1 Tuck Jump (Tuck = Jump up bringing knees to 90 degrees)
- Around-the-World Squat (use a book, ball, weight, anything :))
- Plank Hold with feet on Ball (basketball, medicine ball, even a chair or couch works) (Harder=Alternate a single leg on ball while in a plank hold)
- Speed Skaters (over ball if you have one)
- REPEAT 3-5 times depending on fitness level
LUNGE CHALLENGE – then finish your workout with this…
- 30 Forward Lunges, 30 Push Ups, 30 Reverse Lunges, 30 Jumping Jacks
- 20 Forward Lunges, 20 Push Ups, 20 Reverse Lunges, 20 Jumping Jacks
- 10 Forward Lunges, 10 Push Ups, 10 Reverse Lunges, 10 Jumping Jacks
Be Happy. Be Fit
Grab a friend, significant other, or family member and do this workout together! (Don’t worry there are no uphill sprints in this workout – however those are really good for you! :))
This picture is from a few months ago when my boyfriend and I went on a hike on Mt. Tam and came across this rock amphitheater in the hills! It was so random haha. Of course he challenged me to 6 sprints – from the fence (you can see it in the background) up all the steps to the top. Unexpected intervals added into our hike!
Anyways here is a workout for you and your partner to do! Enjoy!
PARTNER WORKOUT – One person does exercise A for 1 minute while your partner does exercise B for 1 minute; then switch. Do each set 3x before moving on to the next partner set.
- SET 1: A) Wide/Narrow Push Ups (Alternate 2 w/ wide hand stance, then 2 w/ narrow hand stance); B) Jump Rope (or “invisible jump rope” if you don’t have one – move arms as if you did)
- SET 2: A) Speed Skaters (click here for how-to video); B) Forward Walking Lunges (make sure front knee does not go past your front toe – safety first!)
- SET 3: A) Single Leg Squats (stand on one leg, decelerate SLOWLY until your butt touches a bench, couch, chair etc the stand back upright, switch leg every 3 reps); B) Four Square Jumps (keeping your feet together, jump forwards, right, backwards, left – like you are making a little box)
- If you have time, finish with a two-mile walk or run with your partner!
Nobody to join you today? You can also do it by yourself! 🙂
Be Happy. Be Fit.
MY FIRST VIDEOS!!! I have inserted a brief video of each move in this workout!!
Do each of these 6 exercises for 45 seconds, after each exercise rest for 15 seconds. After you complete all 6 exercises, rest 1 minute and then repeat! (Want to make it harder? Do intervals of 50sec/10sec rest!)
45 Second Madness Workout
- Push Up Roll Overs (easier: push up from knees)
- Broad Jump Burpees (easier: step instead of jump)
- 2 Squats + Squat Jump (easier: just do squats, no jump)
- Plank w/ Knees to Opposite Elbows
- Speed Skaters
- Lunge Clock
See the videos below for how-to! Remember this workout is all about what YOU can do in 45 seconds. Maybe it’s only 5 reps, maybe you can squeeze in 20, just do YOUR best!
Be Happy. Be Fit.