This workout is perfect for anyone with sensitive joints, past knee injuries, or if you’re just looking to add a no impact workout into your regimen.
Impact occurs during running, jumping and other activities where you land hard on your feet. By eliminating these movements you can still get a great workout in, but shouldn’t feel any knee or hip pain 🙂 Heads Up: There is still knee FLEXION (bending) in this workout, just no impact. Enjoy!
THE NO IMPACT WORKOUT
- 15ea Plank Core Matrix* (beginners: 10ea)
- 10ea Forwards/Backwards Lunge Pivots (one forwards lunge, then same leg backwards lunge = 1 Pivot; do 10 PIVOTS on one side, then do the other side)
- 8ea Single Leg Push Ups (beginners: do from a single knee, or a single leg but elevate your hands onto the back of a couch/step)
- 5ea Superman Rolls**
- Do 3-5 Rounds depending on how you are feeling and your fitness level 🙂
* CORE MATRIX – in a plank position, move hips up and down 15 times, side to side 15 times, and then dive the right hip down, then left hip down 15 times (up +down = 1; rt +lf =1 etc)
** SUPERMAN ROLLS – lay on your stomach with your arms and legs extended and lifted off the ground (like superman!) and then roll over onto your back and then back to your stomach. When rolling don’t let your elbows, hands, knees, or feet touch the ground! Do 5 going to the right and back, then 5 to the left and back – message me with questions!
Be Happy. Be Fit.